Sunday, August 7, 2011

Vienna

Another flurry of blog posts to come shortly.  Vienna and Prague were so busy that I failed to get a chance to post anything about them and then in Berlin the wifi was not working.  So currently I am in Munich but I will try to recap in the next few posts the past week or so of my travels starting with Vienna.

I arrived in Vienna on the 31st of June.  Unfortunately, both days I had in the city were full of down-pouring rain.  On the other hand, with a multitude of museums, I found myself mostly dry during my time in Vienna.  The first day was spent traveling around the center of the city, exploring the museums in the former imperial Hofburg residence and the many churches including St. Stephen's Cathedral shown below.


I spent most of the second day visiting the Schonbrunn Palace, the seat of the Austrian-Hungarian Empire.  It reminded me a lot of Versailles in both the palace and its surrounding complex of gardens.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment