Saturday, July 9, 2011

Trip Details

On Monday, July 11, I will begin a backpacking trip covering many parts of Central and Eastern Europe.  In the course of a month, I will travel to sixteen major cities in ten countries.  I will cover about 2,500 miles by bus, boat and train through the Alps,across the Adriatic Sea and up through the Balkans into Central Europe.  My trip will also include a notable stop in Venice during the festival of Redentore (think the Fourth of July, multiply it by ten and put it in Venice).



Barring getting lost or spending all of my money on beer, my travels will take me on the following path:

Zurich, Switzerland
Milan, Italy
Venice, Italy
San Marino, San Marino
Bari, Italy
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Kotor, Montenegro
Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Belgrade, Serbia
Novi Sad, Serbia
Budapest, Hungary
Vienna, Austria
Prague, Czech Republic
Berlin, Germany
Munich, Germany

Below is a map of my intended travels over the course of the next month:



View My Trip in a larger map