Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Zurich

After a whirlwind tour starting at 8:00 am in Hartford, Connecticut that included a stop in 5 major cities in 3 countries, I found myself some 36 hours later in a hostel in Milan, Italy.  The highlight of this 36-hour adventure, was spending a day exploring Zurich, Switzerland.  Built right on Lake Zurich, the city has amazing views.


The old part of the city was rather small and surrounded by modern banking and shopping centers but was very unique. This historic section of the city was very cool and included a number of churches built right on the Limmat River.


Eight hours later I left the Zurich on a 3 1/2 hour train ride through the alps to Milan.  I slept most of the time but what I remember from being awake, there were a lot of mountains, a couple of plummeting drops off the sides of the tracks and a number of cool villages nested into the mountain valleys.



Today was spend exploring Milan and the Duomo/downtown area. It was very enjoyable but I will have save the details and pictures for the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment